Ben Clover is a Nursing Times and HSJ reporter. His focus for HSJ is on acute providers (Foundation Trusts and Trusts) and community services, while on Nursing Times Ben reports on infection control, long term conditions (including allergy, asthma, diabetes, dermatology and COPD) and district & community nursing.
- Tel: 020 3033 2779
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nearly two-thirds of nurses at the eight hospital trusts currently rated as “inadequate” by the Care Quality Commission believe they have insufficient staff to adequately care for patients.
Both the chief nurse and chief executive of Barts Health NHS Trust in east London have announced their resignation today.
St George’s Healthcare Trust today becomes St George’s University Hospitals Foundation Trust, after being granted foundation trust status.
A “new arm of the NHS” in the form of 5,000 “homecare workers” would be created by Labour were the party to win the general election.
A huge, previously unreported waiting list of more than 90,000 patients has been revealed by one of England’s most troubled trusts. It comes amid an intense national drive to tackle politically sensitive waiting targets.
Practice nurses must be supported to help improve access to GP services, the Royal College of Nursing has said in response to a Labour Party announcement on access to primary care.
Hospital emergency departments are set to be reclassified into a two-tier system with around 40 offering a higher level of staffing and expertise, NHS England has revealed.
Jeremy Hunt has accepted the recommendations to give a green light to a major reconfiguration of accident and emergency services in north west London.
A Hinchingbrooke-style private franchise could take over Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals Foundation Trust’s main site, regulators have confirmed.
A member of the group overseeing Downing Street’s drive to supply nurses with IT technology has expressed concern that tight timescales were leading to the exclusion of nurses from the project’s design, it has been revealed.
- Second hospital could be franchised to private firm
- Former nurse steps down as trust CEO after poor A&E performance
- NHS England to publish trust-by-trust 'never events' list
- Treasury diverts £500m to ease A&E winter pressures
- Special administrator recommends dissolving Mid Staffs
- High Court quashes Lewisham downgrade decision
- Early leaks from Keogh review point to nurse shortages
- Trust criticised over 'do not resuscitate' procedure
- Identity of new chief inspector of hospitals revealed
- Guy's and St Thomas' embarking on major nurse recruitment drive