Privacy & Cookies Policy
EMAP Publishing Limited (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We gather/use and keep information in line with the Data Protection Act 1998 and all relevant regulations.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is EMAP Publishing Limited of c/o Top Right Group Limited, The Prow, 1 Wider Walk London W1B 5AP.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the setting page http://www.nursingtimes.net/account/my-newsletters);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and/or
- If someone pays for your subscription on your behalf, to advise and update them or their nominees of your log in records, your training records, and performance in training courses, any feedback you have given about the training modules and any and all other information in connection with your training or the use of the site.
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- if your employer pays for your subscription, to advise and update them of your training records and performance in training courses and all other information in connection with your training.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you and other third parties subject to them being under an obligation of confidentiality in respect of the information they receive.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts and marketing to you and others.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Emap Publishing Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your mobile device, tablet or computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in the table below:
|ARPT||This is a technical session cookie set by our website to share the number of visitors we get on our site between web servers. This is so the site does not get overloaded and can perform at its optimum potential|
|ASP.NET_SESSIONId||This session cookie tells us that you are actively using our site. This way we can always know, at any given time, how many users we have visiting.|
|SSOEX_[ID]||This tells us whether you are logged into our site|
|emapauth||This cookie supports the linking of subscriptions between our different products|
|tempid||Similar to the emapauth cookie, this supports the linking of subscriptions between our different products|
|.ASPXAUTH||This cookie is used to store an encryption key of the users authentication after login so that they remain authenticated during their session on the website|
|MoodleSession||This cookie is used to track user session must be allowed to allow moodle/totara to work|
|MOODLEID:||This cookie holds your userid if you select remember username on login (not required)|
Certain cookies are either set by third parties on the Website or these are set by us using the third parties cookie code. More information about cookies placed by third parties and how to restrict or block their cookies can be accessed by following the link to their website. In addition to cookies, tracking gifs may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Site. Tracking gifs are small image files within the content of our site or the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand which parts of the website are visited or whether particular content is of interest.
|Cookie name||Purpose||More Information|
|Adtech||Adtech is EMAP's online ad server used for serving and tracking advertisements across the EMAP websites||Adtech Cookie opt-out|
|AddThis||AddThis helps us to integrate social media sharing tools into our website such as facebook or twitter and to measure the effectiveness of these sharing tools||AddThis opt-out|
|The following 4 cookies are used by Google analytics to check the sites performance||https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage|
|dle_support (not required)||Stores the results of all the browser checks|
6. Third Party Websites
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
- To access certain parts of the Emap websites, Emap may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself.
- You are reminded that in addition to the provisions of this Privacy and Cookies Policy, where you register you also agree to:
a. provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the "Registration Data"); and
b. maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it fully up to date.