Crispin Dowler is a Nursing Times and HSJ reporter. For Nursing Times, Crispin covers end of life and palliative care, cancer, critical care and perioperative care. Crispin's focus for HSJ is on finance and the private sector.
- Tel: 020 3033 2782
- E-mail: email@example.com
Labour has pledged to shield voluntary sector organisations from the effects of its “NHS preferred provider” policies by giving not-for-profit providers “longer and more stable arrangements”.
NHS England has given the green light for public consultation on a major reconfiguration of general surgery and emergency care across eight acute trusts in Greater Manchester.
The doctor who blew the whistle on care failings in the Baby P scandal has demanded an independent investigation into claims of bullying, intimidation and dismissal of whistleblowers at a prestigious cancer specialist trust.
Commissioners leading a major review of hospital services in Morecambe Bay have ruled out downgrading the maternity unit that was the focal point of the area’s recent care scandal.
The foundation trust regulator Monitor has launched an investigation into Calderstones Partnership Foundation Trust, after allegations that a patient was abused there.
Nurse staffing levels were not always sufficient across Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and in need of urgent review, particularly on elderly care wards, the Keogh review has found.
The Keogh review of high death rate trusts has called for urgent action to address insufficient nurse staffing, inadequate supervision of junior doctors, and insufficient access to critical care beds at Tameside Hospital.
A probe of trusts with high death rates found inadequate staffing and sustained failures to ensure adequate maintenance of estates and medical equipment at North Cumbria University Hospitals Trust.
University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay Foundation Trust has begun a staff consultation on plans to cut its workforce by up to 230 whole time equivalents in a drive to make savings of £30m by the end of 2013-14.
Healthcare sector regulator Monitor has begun the process of putting Mid Staffordshire Foundation Trust into administration.
- Staffing crisis prompts transfer of troubled maternity unit
- Acute FTs push back workforce reduction plans
- Nurse steps down as Bolton FT chief exec
- Suffolk community posts will be cut
- Hinchingbrooke falls again in patient satisfaction rankings
- Regulator steps in at Sherwood Forest Hospitals
- Fresh probe expected into Morecambe Bay scandal
- Bidders shortlisted for community nursing contract
- 'First' nurse led social enterprise faces service competition
- Former nurse to take reins at troubled Morecambe Bay hospitals