Dave West is the Nursing Times and HSJ senior correspondent. For Nursing Times Dave covers children's nursing, midwifery, practice nursing and nurse prescribing. Over at HSJ, Dave focuses on quality and GP commissioning and consortia.
- Tel: 020 3033 2781
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Individuals’ responsibility for their own health and use of the NHS has been underemphasised and should be made more visible by NHS England, the organisation’s patient experience director has said.
The Keogh mortality review has asked Sherwood Forest Hospitals Foundation Trust to focus on the quality and safety of patient care rather than “meeting Monitor [performance] breaches in finance and governance”.
Burton Hospitals Foundation Trust has been placed in “special measures”, and agreed to a series of improvement actions.
- Eleven trusts put in 'special measures' following Keogh review
- East Leicestershire and Rutland delays launch of 111 service
- Nurses having limited impact on new commissioning boards
- Exclusive: NHS chief exec David Nicholson to retire next March
- Civil servants must have 'frontline experience'
- Sheffield trust dismissing staff with high absence
- North Yorks PCT chief nurse joins new commissioning body