Dave West is the Nursing Times and HSJ senior correspondent. For Nursing Times Dave covers children's nursing, midwifery, practice nursing and nurse prescribing. Over at HSJ, Dave focuses on quality and GP commissioning and consortia.
- Tel: 020 3033 2781
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Labour government would not instigate a ‘top-down reorganisation’ of the NHS as there would be no ‘mandated… one size fits all model’ for achieving its plan for integrating health and social care, Ed Miliband has told Nursing Times’ sister title, HSJ.
A “new arm of the NHS” in the form of 5,000 “homecare workers” would be created by Labour were the party to win the general election.
Smaller GP practices have fared worse under the Care Quality Commission’s inspections so far because of the “splendid isolation” in which some are operating, the chief inspector of general practice has said.
Individuals’ responsibility for their own health and use of the NHS has been underemphasised and should be made more visible by NHS England, the organisation’s patient experience director has said.
The Keogh mortality review has asked Sherwood Forest Hospitals Foundation Trust to focus on the quality and safety of patient care rather than “meeting Monitor [performance] breaches in finance and governance”.
Burton Hospitals Foundation Trust has been placed in “special measures”, and agreed to a series of improvement actions.
Eleven of the 14 hospital providers investigated because of high mortality ratios have been placed in “special measures”, the health secretary has announced.
The roll out of NHS 111 across Leicestershire, Leicester and Rutland has been further delayed.
Less than half of the GPs and managers leading the new clinical commissioning groups believe the nurse on their governing body makes a large contribution to its leadership, a survey has found.
Sir David Nicholson will retire in March next year from his post as NHS England chief executive.
- Civil servants must have 'frontline experience'
- Sheffield trust dismissing staff with high absence
- North Yorks PCT chief nurse joins new commissioning body
- Lack of nurse managers in new commissioning groups
- Nurses appointed to new regional commissioning bodies
- Hunt outlines four ‘priorities’ for NHS
- Former PCT nurses gain new roles in Yorkshire
- Government faces challenge over rules on CCG nurses
- Jeremy Hunt not reviewing NHS reconfiguration plans
- Mid Staffs inquiry report delayed until January