Dave West is the Nursing Times and HSJ senior correspondent. For Nursing Times Dave covers children's nursing, midwifery, practice nursing and nurse prescribing. Over at HSJ, Dave focuses on quality and GP commissioning and consortia.
- Tel: 020 3033 2781
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Less than half of the GPs and managers leading the new clinical commissioning groups believe the nurse on their governing body makes a large contribution to its leadership, a survey has found.
Sir David Nicholson will retire in March next year from his post as NHS England chief executive.
All Department of Health ministers and civil servants will in future have to have “real and extensive frontline experience of caring for patients”, according to the government response to the Francis report.
- Sheffield trust dismissing staff with high absence
- North Yorks PCT chief nurse joins new commissioning body
- Lack of nurse managers in new commissioning groups
- Nurses appointed to new regional commissioning bodies
- Hunt outlines four ‘priorities’ for NHS
- Former PCT nurses gain new roles in Yorkshire
- Government faces challenge over rules on CCG nurses