David Williams is a Nursing Times and HSJ reporter.
- Tel: 020 3033 2780
- E-mail: email@example.com
Labour has pledged to target duplication and bureaucracy they say has been caused by the Health Act 2012, raising the prospect of organisational changes if they form the next governement.
The Liberal Democrats have become the first major party to publicly commit to increasing NHS funding to levels recommended in the NHS Five Year Forward View.
The first successful takeover of one foundation trust by another has received final approval, it was announced today.
The Department of Health is to spend £500m propping up accident and emergency services in the most pressured health economies between now and the next general election.
Buckinghamshire Healthcare Trust has been warned to improve its staffing levels and training for nurses following an unannounced inspection.
The Royal Bournemouth Hospital is trialling a new advanced nurse practitioner role to enhance patient care, prevent re-admissions and reduce staff pressures.
Patients have been “let down” by the “unacceptable” failure of some NHS 111 services, NHS England directors have admitted.
NHS England medical director Sir Bruce Keogh has criticised clinicians and organisations which do not gather or report quality data in the wake of the Leeds children’s heart surgery controversy.
The NHS Commissioning Board’s chief nursing officer Jane Cummings visited University Hospitals Southampton Foundation Trust yesterday to open a new unit focusing on frontline innovation.
Alternative facilities should be commissioned for the majority of people with learning disabilities or autism who currently live in larger inpatient hospitals, the care services minister has said.
- 'Rapid reduction' in hospital care planned post Winterbourne View
- Maternity unit closed over 'working practices' concern
- Nurses 'warned children about Savile'
- Orthopaedics hospital overspends on agency staff
- Lib Dems line up to attack regional pay plans
- Level of avoidable harm to NHS patients revealed
- NHS board to recruit second senior nurse
- Next phase of NHS reforms will see PCTs shed 800 jobs
- New trust director role for nursing academic
- Trust looks to Portugal for new nursing recruits