- E-mail: email@example.com
Nursing teams at UK hospitals are trialling a hand-held scanner that could transform diagnosis and prevention of pressure ulcers, according to the US nurse behind the idea.
Specialist dementia nurses working in care homes have helped improve support and care for elderly residents and their families, and boosted the skills and confidence of other staff, an evaluation has found.
The UK Independence Party has confirmed it would bring back enrolled nurses in order to “put care and compassion back at the heart of nursing” in its election manifesto launched today.
The Liberal Democrats would launch a range of policies designed to bring health and social care together, including moving towards fully pooled local budgets, if they get into power at the general election.
The Green Party has said staff training and welfare would be central to its plans to improve the NHS, which include increasing the health service budget by £12bn.
The Conservatives have pledged to ensure there are enough nurses in the health service as part of their election manifesto, which promises hospitals will be “properly staffed”.
Recruiting enough nurses in Wales is a “major headache” that is unlikely to go away soon, according to an independent review of health education and training.
Mathematicians are teaming up with nurses for a “big data” research project designed to make good use of the vast quantities of information nursing teams collect every day.
Nurses who raise child welfare or safeguarding concerns but fear they are being ignored can turn to a charity helpline, which has been awarded “whistleblowing” status by the government.
Nurses fear single room-only hospitals risk damaging patient safety and team work, but patients generally prefer having their own room, according to latest analysis.
- MPs criticise NMC for 'ignoring nurses' in debate on fee rise
- Regulator agrees to look into bullying claims at Midlands trust
- Welsh nurse urges politicians to back safe staffing legislation
- NHS staff should be 'trained to advise patients to take exercise'
- Prison nurse struck off over alleged attempt to steal maracas
- 'Treasure house' of prostate cancer nursing expertise could be lost
- Some midwives 'confused' by new NICE guidelines on safe staffing levels
- Warning older midwives may increasingly struggle with rigours of job
- Exclusive: Safe staffing app to 'revolutionise' NHS nursing rotas
- Call for resources to tackle perinatal mental health and child maltreatment