Midwives have welcomed a new five-year project that aims to halve the number of baby deaths and brain injuries that happen during labour.
Nurses should take on key new leadership roles in primary care, according to a major report on securing the future of the sector.
NHS organisations in Scotland would be compelled to admit mistakes that caused harm to patients, under proposals unveiled by the Scottish government.
- NICE-approved staffing tool helps make strong case for more nurses
- Staffing levels 'only just adequate' at Mid Staffs, warns CQC
- New guidance says CPR conversations must be 'sensitive but realistic'
- MP backs call for inquiry into case of Worcestershire nurse
- Prestigious new nursing research post created in Birmingham
- Norfolk nurse to become community trust's new chaplain
- Liverpool pathway continues to be used, claims palliative care academic