Nurses have played a key role in developing an “airline-style” safety film, which will be shown to hospital patients in an effort to prevent complications like falls, blood clots and pressure ulcers.
A former Midwife of the Year has launched an online petition to drum up public support for a 1% pay rise for NHS staff.
Community and hospital nurses are being urged to help prevent emergency admissions this winter by raising awareness of bronchiolitis among parents with very young children.
- National project seeks to reduce hospital baby deaths
- Call to create new senior nursing roles in community
- Scotland seeks to introduce new 'duty of candour' for NHS
- NICE-approved staffing tool helps make strong case for more nurses
- Staffing levels 'only just adequate' at Mid Staffs, warns CQC
- New guidance says CPR conversations must be 'sensitive but realistic'
- MP backs call for inquiry into case of Worcestershire nurse