A shortage of nurses in the capital is increasing with more than 8,000 posts unfilled and a particular strain on mental health services, research by the Royal College of Nursing has revealed.
First-time young mums in the London boroughs of Bromley and Bexley are to benefit from the launch of a nurse-led home visiting service.
Nursing leaders have stressed the need to ensure patient data is safe and secure, following the publication of a report on the government’s controversial Care.data programme.
- Higher asthma risk in toddlers who share bed with parents
- NICE backs tougher diabetes control in guidance update proposals
- Training course slashes back injuries among student nurses
- New support scheme for aspiring nurse education leaders
- New campaign focuses on those going through bereavement
- Exclusive: Nurse cleared by NMC highlights 'shame' of being suspended
- Exclusive: Nurse calls for awareness of hot flushes in cancer patients