Apparently I have to have a wisdom tooth removed. “It’s facing completely the wrong way,” the dentist said, as if I had somehow arranged for it to grow in the direction of Belgium on purpose. “I’ll refer you to the dental hospital - don’t hold your breath.”
I have been writing this column for some time and there has been only one subject that I have completely and consciously avoided: assisted dying.
OK, mini quiz.
- 'Relentless attacks on nursing leave people tired to the bone'
- 'Noticing good is as important as noticing bad, just not as popular'
- 'Will people reach for the crisps or take responsibility for health?'
- 'Nurse leaders are ironed into place to keep things the same'
- 'Will we ever be able to separate health ethics from economics?'
- 'Drop the pointless pep talks – support nurses to improve care'
- 'Seventh C stands for covering up the real issues, not CPD'