Sometimes at the weekend my wife and I will compare items of interest in the news; a battle of the headlines, if you will, to see whose news is most interesting. The unspoken aim of the game is to get the other person to engage with your chosen news item, thus abandoning their own.
“What have you been doing today, Dad?” asked my daughter in an attempt to distract me from suggesting she do her homework. I fall for it none the less.
Minutes of the “What Are We Going To Do About Nursing?” Marketing Focus Group. Private and Confidential.
- 'Let’s turn our backs on the blame game and focus on repair'
- 'It may be Christmas but we can’t extend goodwill to all men'
- 'Is it sexism that prevents nursing from having a voice?'
- 'If we care enough, we can teach people how to be compassionate'
- 'Wielding his magic water, the new health secretary steps in'
- 'Nursing is a bit like the Olympics - it gives us something special'
- 'Sunday madness is epitomised by stupid government leaks'