By continuing to use the site you agree to our Privacy & Cookies policy

Mental health PG dip accelerated course - but I have a degree in Fine Art!

Posted in: Student nurses | Main nursing areas

15-Sep-2010 12:28 pm

Unsuitable or offensive?

Sort: Newest first | Oldest first


Nathan Passchier

Nathan Passchier

Posts: 1


23-May-2011 11:31 am

Just go for the regular degree in mental health nursing, or diploma. The 2 year option I think you're refering to here, called Apel in my area, only applies to those with a significant amount of work experience in Mental Health, or other hospital services, allowing you to lop off year one. Hope that helps.

Unsuitable or offensive?

Craig Jones

Craig Jones

Posts: 1

21-Aug-2011 6:14 pm

I managed to get onto the adult PGDip 2 year course with little experiance in care.

I come from a science background. I do know lots of people with totally unrelated degrees doing both the adult and mental health course. They range from maths to classics degrees. The common thing with those whose degrees are not really related to nursing is that they have experiance as care assistants.

I would say look into the entry requirements of the universities and if you meet them apply! They can only say no.

Unsuitable or offensive?

Post a Reply

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms & Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your acceptance of these terms and conditions.

You must be logged in to submit a post.



Job of the week

St Cloud Care

Home Manager

£60,000 Per Annum + Benefits


Paediatric Nurse

£14 - 18 per hour

Children's Nurse

£18 per hour