Posted by:30 July, 2012
- Article: Chinn (2012) How can nurses use social media responsibly? Nursing Times. Published online 13 July 2012.
- Nurses no longer live together or work as closely together as they used to
- Social media offers new ways for nurses to share knowledge and expertise
- Previous social networking experience is not necessary to use Twitter
- Twitter chats are an excellent way to use the site professionally
- Nurses should comply with the code of professional conduct when using social media
- How do you stay up to date and in contact with your peers?
- Think about how people use social media in their personal lives. How could you use it professionally?
- This article describes how Twitter can be used to link nurses together. If you are trying to solve a problem, how could you use Twitter to help you?
- It is important to use social media responsibly. What advice does the NMC give nurses and how would you explain this to a student nurse?
How do we put research into practice in the surgery or the hospital ward? Each week we’ll pick out a practice article and pose some topics for debate and you can pose your own questions too …Follow the weekly debates on twitter with #NTjournalclub