Posted by:23 July, 2012
- Article: Everett F, Wright W (2012) Using multimedia to teach students essential skills. Nursing Times; 108: 30/31, 18-19.
- Multimedia can engage students and enhance their learning experiences
- Multimedia can be used to introduce and develop essential nursing skills
- Nurse educators have an important role in developing innovative teaching approaches
- Video can be an integral part of a blended learning approach to skills
- Students value the use of multimedia
- In your opinion, what is the best way to teach student nurses essential nursing skills?
- How could multimedia, such as video, be used to teach the principles of essential nursing care?
- After reading this article can you identify benefits and pitfalls of using video to teach essential skills?
- How could you use multimedia resources, such as video, to teach and reinforce essential skills in your clinical area?
How do we put research into practice in the surgery or the hospital ward? Each week we’ll pick out a practice article and pose some topics for debate and you can pose your own questions too …Follow the weekly debates on twitter with #NTjournalclub