Poll: Lack of support for Friends and Family Test
Two-thirds of Nursing Times readers who answered a snap poll last week do not think the Friends and Family Test is a useful measure of patient experience.
In our online Poll of the Week 34% answered “yes”, when asked whether they thought the rest was beneficial, but 66% answered “no”.
Our question follows findings the publication by the government of the first set of results from the new Friends and Family Test on 30 July.
The test covered around 4,500 NHS wards and 144 A&E services, and is intended to allow hospital trusts to gain real time feedback on their services down to individual ward level.
Most patients who took part in the test said they would recommend accident and emergency, and inpatient wards to their relatives but response rates varied significantly.
Nursing Times polls readers each week on a topical question related to nursing in the news. Check nursingtimes.net to answer the current question:
Online training units, written and reviewed by experts. Earn two hours' CPD and a personalised certificate for your portfolio.
Subscribers get FREE unlimited access to all our online learning units and non-subscribers can access each learning unit for £10 + VAT.