What can you do to improve nutrition and hydration among your patients?
From 17 – 21 March, Nursing Times is hosting a Nutrition and Hydration week to raise awareness of this important area of care.
Throughout the week, all Nursing Times readers will have free access to a selection of practice articles normally only available to magazine subscribers. You will be able to ask nutrition and hydration experts about improving practice in a live webchat and have the opportunity to share your own tips and advice with fellow healthcare professionals though social media.
Visit our Nutrition and Hydration clinical zone to keep up with what’s happening.
Launching on Monday, we will be asking you to send us your tips for maintaining and promoting nutrition and hydration among your patient group. Tweet them to #NH2014 or add them on the Nutrition and Hydration page for your chance to win a copy of Nursing in Partnership with Patients and Carers from Sage Publishing.
Winners announced 5pm Friday 21 March.
What’s happening this week?
Monday 17 March:
- We reveal this week’s free articles on the Nutrition and Hydration clinical zone
Tuesday 18 March:
- Throughout the day we will be tweeting facts and useful links, follow @NursingTimes to take part
- 1pm: Ask the Expert Webchat – we’re joined by experts from the National Nurses Nutrition Group who will be answering your questions live on our webchat page. If you can’t join us at this time, you can email your questions to Eileen.email@example.com and we will ask them for you. A transcript will be available following the chat.
Wednesday 19 March:
- Our Nutrition Screening learning unit will be FREE for 24 hours (normally £10 +VAT)
Thursday 20 March:
- Pledge Day – tell us what you could do differently to improve nutrition and hydration in your area. Our favourite will win a nursing textbook from Sage Publishing. Join in through twitter or on the Nutrition and Hydration page
Friday 21 March:
Free CPD – These two learning units will be FREE to complete throughout the day: