Posted by:20 January, 2014
A recent report from the Point of Care Foundation “Staff care. How to engage staff in the NHS and why it matters” suggests that staff need space to reflect on patient care challenges.
This follows a news story last week that fatigued critical care nurses were more likely to express concern they had made a wrong decision.
- Do you ever feel overwhelmed at work?
- Do you ever cry during or at the end of a shift?
- Are there opportunities to discuss your experiences with other members of your team?
- Where do you get emotional support?
- Do you have time out with your team to reflect?
- Are there regular team debriefing?
From Behind the Rituals
Why do you do the things you do? How much of nursing practice is based on ritual and myth and how much on sound evidence? If you have a ritual you’d like to discuss here, email firstname.lastname@example.org