Sarah Calkin is a senior correspondent on Health Service Journal who contributes to Nursing Times. She writes mainly on issues affecting patient safety and regulation.
- Tel: 020 3033 2791
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NHS England has announced a surprise £60m boost to the cancer drugs fund, bringing it up to £340m for 2015-16, even as it slashes the number of drugs or indications available by 25.
NHS England is to start evaluating the cost effectiveness of medicines available through the cancer drugs fund in a bid to bring the budget under control
A new patient safety drive to halve avoidable harm in England will be “brave” and not follow the usual “paternal” NHS approach to pushing for improvements, according to the senior nurse leading the Sign up Safety Campaign.
- Overseas recruits take flight as trust loses half its new nurses
- CQC raises concern over staff shortages at mental health trust
- Major new campaign to champion pride in nursing profession
- Will Pooley's nurse colleague dies from ebola
- Government criticised over lack of urgency on sepsis
- Politicians urged to be open about NHS plans
- Nurse led asthma programme cuts hospital admissions