Sarah Calkin is a senior correspondent on Health Service Journal who contributes to Nursing Times. She writes mainly on issues affecting patient safety and regulation.
- Tel: 020 3033 2791
- E-mail: email@example.com
NHS England is to start evaluating the cost effectiveness of medicines available through the cancer drugs fund in a bid to bring the budget under control
A new patient safety drive to halve avoidable harm in England will be “brave” and not follow the usual “paternal” NHS approach to pushing for improvements, according to the senior nurse leading the Sign up Safety Campaign.
Almost half the intake of nurses recruited from Spain and Portugal by a trust in the South West have resigned, highlighting a wider problem in the region of retaining staff from overseas.
- CQC raises concern over staff shortages at mental health trust
- Major new campaign to champion pride in nursing profession
- Will Pooley's nurse colleague dies from ebola
- Government criticised over lack of urgency on sepsis
- Politicians urged to be open about NHS plans
- Nurse led asthma programme cuts hospital admissions
- NICE seeks new recruits for prestigious positions