Welcome to the venous thromboembolism prevention Nursing Times Learning unit.
This unit is one of many online courses for nurses available from Nursing Times Learning.It will teach you:
- What VTE is and how it occurs
- Why VTE prevention is important
- To identify which patients are at risk of VTE
- What information should be given to patients about VTE, and when
- What thromboprophylaxis is and how different methods work to prevent VTE
- The nurse’s role in VTE prevention
How do I start learning?
Are you a subscriber? If you are, you have FREE access to all our Nursing Times Learning units as part of your annual subscription. But you need to activate your online subscription now for this to work.
Not a subscriber? Nonsubscribers can access learning units for just £10 + VAT each. Payment is made just before you start the unit, and can be made securely by direct debit, credit card or PayPal.