Welcome to the pressure ulcer prevention Nursing Times Learning unit.
This unit is one of many online courses for nurses available from Nursing Times Learning.It will teach you:
- To describe factors that increase a patient’s risk of developing pressure ulcers
- How to undertake a pressure ulcer risk and skin assessment
- A variety of techniques that can be used to minimise a patient’s risk of pressure ulcer development
- How different pressure-relieving/reducing equipment can help to prevent the development of pressure ulcers
- How ongoing pressure ulcer prevention should be addressed when transferring or discharging at risk patient’s
- To identify causes and the classifications of pressure ulcers
How do I start learning?
Are you a subscriber? If you are, you have FREE access to all our Nursing Times Learning units as part of your annual subscription. But you need to activate your online subscription now for this to work.
Not a subscriber? Nonsubscribers can access learning units for just £10 + VAT each. Payment is made just before you start the unit, and can be made securely by direct debit, credit card or PayPal.