Welcome to the Nursing Times Learning online training course on respiratory failure .
It is one of many online courses for nurses available from Nursing Times, the UK's leading independent, peer-reviewed journal for nurses.
It will teach you:
- How to list the main components of the respiratory system and describe their major functions, including the mechanics of ventilation
- How to iIdentify the definition and main causes of type 1 and type 2 respiratory failure, and describe the related pathophysiology
- How to discuss the basic principles of arterial blood gas analysis
- How to discuss the nursing principles for the care of both type 1 and type 2 respiratory failure
- Describe the treatment options available
How do I start learning?
Are you a subscriber? If you are, you have FREE access to all our Nursing Times Learning units as part of your annual subscription. But you need to activate your online subscription now for this to work.
Not a subscriber? Nonsubscribers can access learning units for just £10 + VAT each. Payment is made just before you start the unit, and can be made securely by direct debit, credit card or PayPal.