Welcome to the Nursing Times Learning online training course on drug calculations in practice .
It is one of many online courses for nurses available from Nursing Times, the UK's leading independent, peer-reviewed journal for nurses.
It will teach you how to:
- Explain different units of measurements used for medicine dosages
- Correctly calculate dosages for medicines in tablet and capsule form
- Correctly calculate dosages for medicines for the weight of a patient
- Correctly calculate dosages for medicines in suspension or solution.
- Correctly calculate the administration rate for continuous IV infusions of medicines and fluids
- Recognise incorrect dosages of medicines and know how to ensure patient safety
How do I start learning?
Are you a subscriber? If you are, you have FREE access to all our Nursing Times Learning units as part of your annual subscription. But you need to activate your online subscription now for this to work.
Not a subscriber? Nonsubscribers can access learning units for just £10 + VAT each. Payment is made just before you start the unit, and can be made securely by direct debit, credit card or PayPal.