Welcome to the Nursing Times Learning online training course on Liverpool Care Pathway - Principles and Framework
This unit is one of many online courses for nurses available from Nursing Times Learning.
In July 2013 an independent review of the LCP, More care, Less pathway, recommended that the LCP should be replaced over the following six to 12 months by an end of life care plan for each patient, backed up by condition-specific good practice guidance.It will teach you to:
- Describe the rationale behind the Liverpool Care Pathway (LCP)
- List the three main sections of the LCP and when they are initiated
- Identify comfort measures that nurses can offer to support the patient and their family at the end of life
- Apply the LCP to a case study scenario and identify the core components of relevance to nursing practice
- Reflect on the use of the LCP and its potential to improve quality of life for the dying patient
How do I start learning?
Are you a subscriber? If you are, you have FREE access to all our Nursing Times Learning units as part of your annual subscription. But you need to activate your online subscription now for this to work.
Not a subscriber? Nonsubscribers can access learning units for just £10 + VAT each. Payment is made just before you start the unit, and can be made securely by direct debit, credit card or PayPal.