Welcome to the Nursing Times Learning online training unit on Discharge planning: getting it right for the patient.
It is one of many online training units for nurses available from Nursing Times, the UK's leading independent, peer-reviewed journal for nurses. It will teach you to:
- Demonstrate awareness of health policy changes affecting patient discharge planning processes
- Recognise the most common elements of the discharge planning process which make up a simple discharge from hospital, distinguishing between simple and complex discharges from hospital
- Discuss the key issues which need to be considered if a patient refuses to be discharged from hospital
- Instigate appropriate management for patients who self-discharge or abscond from hospital
- Describe what is meant by multidisciplinary team working in the context of discharge planning
- Describe how you would deal with a complex discharge from hospital and deal with delays for patients in the discharge planning process
How do I start learning?
Are you a subscriber? If you are, you have FREE access to all our Nursing Times Learning units as part of your annual subscription. But you need to activate your online subscription now for this to work.
Not a subscriber? Nonsubscribers can access learning units for just £10 + VAT each. Payment is made just before you start the unit, and can be made securely by direct debit, credit card or PayPal.