Welcome to the Nursing Times Learning online training unit on Anaemia of Chronic Disease.
It is one of many online training units for nurses available from Nursing Times, the UK's leading independent, peer-reviewed journal for nurses. The unit was created in association with the Anaemia Nurse Specialists Association, which endorses the unit. ANSA also subsidises the cost of the unit for non-subscribers, who pay £5.00. It will teach you:
- Why anaemia can complicate the management of chronic disease
- How anaemia of chronic disease is diagnosed
- Key issues which need to be considered if a patient refuses to be discharged from hospital
- Investigations needed to diagnose anaemia
- Limitations of the roles of health professionals in primary and secondary care in treating patients with anaemia in chronic disease
- Treatment options for anaemia in chronic disease
- How to manage patients with anaemia of chronic disease
How do I start learning?
Are you a subscriber? If you are, you have FREE access to all our Nursing Times Learning units as part of your annual subscription. But you need to activate your online subscription now for this to work.
Not a subscriber? Nonsubscribers can access learning units for just £10 + VAT each - although this unit costs only £5 as half the price of studying this unit is paid through an educational grant from the Anaemia Nurse Specialist Association. Payment is made just before you start the unit, and can be made securely by direct debit, credit card or PayPal.