Shaun Lintern is a news reporter on Nursing Times and Health Service Journal.
- Tel: 0203 033 2788
- E-mail: email@example.com
A new criminal offence of wilful neglect is to cover all formal healthcare settings, including the NHS and the private sector, under proposals revealed by the Department of Health.
The head of NHS Employers has suggested introducing a “living wage” – calculated according to the basic cost of living – for health service staff as an alternative to the annual review of basic pay.
The High Court has dismissed an appeal by two former Mid Staffordshire Foundation Trust nurses who were struck off for misconduct and altering accident and emergency waiting times.
- Mid Staffs nurses launch High Court appeal over ban
- Staffing gap grows between NHS nursing sectors
- News special: NHS workforce plan predicts rising demand for nurses
- Workforce plan promises 9% rise in nursing course places
- New NHS workforce plan put on hold amid budget talks
- Judge intervenes in case of former Mid Staffs nurse chief
- NMC handling of Mid Staffs cases to be reviewed