Shaun Lintern is a news reporter on Health Service Journal who contribures regularly to Nursing Times. He writes mainly about workforce issues and also covers mental health.
- Tel: 0203 033 2788
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
New guidance that demands doctors and nurses are open about their mistakes does not include an explicit warning against staff obstructing or bullying their colleagues, sparking concern from campaigners.
The UK needs to train many more children’s nurses if it is to reverse the “worrying” state of child health, according to a leading academic and expert in paediatric nursing.
Human resources managers in the NHS have signaled their desire for an end to pay restraint in the health service, with nearly half calling for NHS staff to receive a pay rise in line with inflation in 2015-16.
- Fresh strike date announced by unions in NHS pay dispute
- National system of checks for nursing values unveiled
- 'Hostile' private provider must pay nurse whistleblower's legal costs
- 'Francis effect' stalls as nurse numbers begin to fall again
- Midwives vote for industrial action over NHS pay row
- Scheme to tempt back former nurses to NHS set for launch
- Labour 'needs to address course funding' to meet staffing pledge