Shaun Lintern is a news reporter on Health Service Journal who contribures regularly to Nursing Times. He writes mainly about workforce issues and also covers mental health.
- Tel: 0203 033 2788
- E-mail: email@example.com
The first of a number of midwives facing fitness to practise cases in relation to baby deaths at University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust has been struck off.
Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is planning to invest £1m in recruiting registered nurses over the next 12 months.
An independent review of over a dozen deaths among mental health patients has criticised an NHS trust for what it described as “unacceptable” bed management practices.
The first of eight midwives accused of misconduct related to poor care and deaths at University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay Foundation Trust will appear before a misconduct hearing next week.
Universities and hospitals will not be forced to take extra nursing students this year under Labour’s plan to increase trainee numbers by 1,000.
More than four out of five acute hospitals in England failed to meet their own targets for nurse staffing, according to analysis of latest workforce data.
A new safe staffing indicator for hospitals across England will be launched this summer.
Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has announced plans to recruit 140 nurses to help improve patient care and reduce its use of agency staff.
Concerns about an accident and emergency nurse convicted last month of raping and photographing unconscious patients at John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford were raised more than five years ago, it has emerged.
A significant U-turn by the management of Barts Health Trust has seen a sacked whistleblowing union rep re-instated after being dismissed almost two years ago.
- Make care certificate compulsory for HCAs, says Cavendish
- Growth in NHS workforce outstripped by demand on services
- Trusts say they want to 'reform' not replace Agenda for Change
- Francis calls for stronger legal protection for whistleblowers
- New system of checks on nurses will raise standards, says NMC chief
- Findings from Francis review into NHS whistleblowing due next week
- Number of NHS nursing staff hits record levels
- Nurse and midwife strike action suspended after new pay offer
- Labour commits to independent NHS pay review process
- Former nursing director referred to CQC under new ‘fit and proper’ regulations