Shaun Lintern is a news reporter on Health Service Journal who contribures regularly to Nursing Times. He writes mainly about workforce issues and also covers mental health.
- Tel: 0203 033 2788
- E-mail: email@example.com
Three quarters of NHS hospitals recruited almost 6,000 overseas nurses in just 12 months, exposing a deepening crisis in nurse staffing levels, Nursing Times can reveal.
A second year of growth in nurse education places has been rubber-stamped by Health Education England’s board today, as it unveils its national workforce plan for England.
A major review of nursing education and training looks set to recommend that future student nurses undertake care experience before starting their degrees, but that a whole year is too long.
- Warning from chancellor of further public sector pay restraint
- Fitness to practise cases should consider 'public confidence'
- Eight midwives face NMC action over Morecambe Bay deaths
- Draft candour guidance falls short on anti-bullying rules, claim campaigners
- More children's nurses needed to reverse child mortality rate
- Pay frontline NHS staff in line with inflation, say personnel managers
- Fresh strike date announced by unions in NHS pay dispute