Shaun Lintern is a news reporter on Health Service Journal who contribures regularly to Nursing Times. He writes mainly about workforce issues and also covers mental health.
- Tel: 0203 033 2788
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The government is considering changing the duty of candour law just three months after it came into effect, following a threat of judicial review by a patient charity.
Workforce experts have suggested that NHS England’s new safe staffing framework for mental health inpatient care “lacks rigour.”
More than 23,000 extra nurses will be trained over the next four years to help meet growing demand in the NHS.
The chair of the inquiry into care failings at Morecambe Bay has warned of a “disastrous consequence” for the NHS if it focuses too much on financial savings at the expense of patient safety.
A leaked NHS England study has revealed a significant relationship between the number of nurses on duty in hospitals and 40 indicators of patient care and outcomes.
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence spent nearly £1m on its work to develop nurse safe staffing guidelines for the NHS.
Patients and families who campaigned for a public inquiry into care failings at the former Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust are to march on Whitehall in protest at the suspension of work on nurse staffing guidelines.
Sir Robert Francis has expressed serious concerns over the decision to suspend the programme of work that he recommended to determine safe nurse staffing levels.
The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence has suspended with immediate effect its work to determine safe staffing levels across the NHS, an internal email has revealed.
A North East clinical commissioning group plans to decommission a specialist dementia nursing service and replace it with a carer support service.
- NHS chief confirms 'collective' action on agency staff spending
- Government explores cap on spiralling agency spend
- Midwife struck off for ‘numerous failings’ at Morecambe Bay
- Merseyside trust announces £1m nurse recruitment drive
- Mental health trust criticised for 'unacceptable' bed management
- NMC due to hear case against first Morecambe Bay midwife
- Labour will not force universities to take extra student nurses, say deans
- Four out of five hospitals miss own nurse staffing targets
- New safe staffing indicator to be launched for NHS in England
- East Midlands trust launches recruitment drive for 140 nurses