Sophie is a reporter on Health Service Journal who contributes stories to Nursing Times.
- E-mail: email@example.com
Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has defied a government pay agreement and awarded its senior staff a 1% pay rise in line with lower paid staff.
Regulators have told Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust to improve its maternity services following an inspection triggered by the deaths of five mothers over 18 months.
There is an “urgent need” to improve stroke services across Kent and Medway, commissioners have decided.
Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals Trust should remain in special measures, despite making “real” improvements, the Care Quality Commission has recommended.
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust has been told to improve, after the Care Quality Commission found the trust had no plan in place to tackle the high rate of suicide in the area.
The largest trust in the country has been rated inadequate by the Care Quality Commission, after a challenging few months of the organisation
East Kent Hospitals University Foundation Trust will launch a public consultation into moving its accident and emergency services into one hospital later this year.
West Middlesex University Hospital Trust has been told to improve by the Care Quality Commission.
East Sussex Healthcare Trust has been rated as “inadequate” by the Care Quality Commission, with much of the regulators’ criticism focused on managers while nursing staff were seen as caring.
Health secretary Jeremy Hunt has rejected a key recommendation from the investigation into lessons learnt from the historic abuse by Jimmy Savile at NHS hospitals.
- Savile inquiry calls for change in law for screening healthcare staff
- Third of acute trusts do not display named clinicians above patient beds
- A&E performance at all-time low, as emergency admissions peak
- CQC imposes strict conditions on Medway following multiple inspections
- Ealing maternity unit to close 'as soon as possible', says CCG
- Allegations of staff bullying and race discrimination at Barts
- Troubled trust reveals huge waiting list
- Failure to improve leaves Medway facing more action
- Kent community trust rated 'Good' by CQC
- Sussex maternity service restructure backed by council