Sophie is a reporter on Health Service Journal who contributes stories to Nursing Times.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The largest trust in the country has been rated inadequate by the Care Quality Commission, after a challenging few months of the organisation
East Kent Hospitals University Foundation Trust will launch a public consultation into moving its accident and emergency services into one hospital later this year.
West Middlesex University Hospital Trust has been told to improve by the Care Quality Commission.
East Sussex Healthcare Trust has been rated as “inadequate” by the Care Quality Commission, with much of the regulators’ criticism focused on managers while nursing staff were seen as caring.
Health secretary Jeremy Hunt has rejected a key recommendation from the investigation into lessons learnt from the historic abuse by Jimmy Savile at NHS hospitals.
The law should be changed to require all NHS staff and volunteers in contact with patients should be given a barring list check, the authors of an investigation into Jimmy Savile’s historic sexual abuse have said.
Over a third of trusts are not displaying a named clinician above patient beds despite health secretary Jeremy Hunt introducing the policy 18 months ago.
Hospitals in England are warning of “unprecedented” demand on their emergency services, as admissions hit their highest level in 10 years.
Stringent conditions have been placed on Medway Maritime Hospital following a third CQC inspection of its struggling accident and emergency department.
The maternity unit at Ealing Hospital Trust will close “as soon as possible” following agreement by local commissioners this week.
- Allegations of staff bullying and race discrimination at Barts
- Troubled trust reveals huge waiting list
- Failure to improve leaves Medway facing more action
- Kent community trust rated 'Good' by CQC
- Sussex maternity service restructure backed by council
- London substance misuse clinic faces closure as costs mount
- Police investigate dropped nurse tribunal case in wake of Savile report
- Surrey hospital trust promotes chief nurse to chief executive
- Hunt calls for safeguarding review in wake of Savile abuse
- CQC gives Homerton clean bill of health, despite midwife claims