Sophie is a reporter on Health Service Journal who contributes stories to Nursing Times.
- E-mail: email@example.com
Health secretary Jeremy Hunt has rejected a key recommendation from the investigation into lessons learnt from the historic abuse by Jimmy Savile at NHS hospitals.
The law should be changed to require all NHS staff and volunteers in contact with patients should be given a barring list check, the authors of an investigation into Jimmy Savile’s historic sexual abuse have said.
Over a third of trusts are not displaying a named clinician above patient beds despite health secretary Jeremy Hunt introducing the policy 18 months ago.
- A&E performance at all-time low, as emergency admissions peak
- CQC imposes strict conditions on Medway following multiple inspections
- Ealing maternity unit to close 'as soon as possible', says CCG
- Allegations of staff bullying and race discrimination at Barts
- Troubled trust reveals huge waiting list
- Failure to improve leaves Medway facing more action
- Kent community trust rated 'Good' by CQC