Sophie is a reporter on Health Service Journal who contributes stories to Nursing Times.
- E-mail: email@example.com
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust has been told it requires improvement by the Care Quality Commission.
King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has been rated “requires improvement”, after the Care Quality Commission found overcrowding in emergency departments and patients waiting for long periods.
A review of community bed capacity by Surrey Downs Clinical Commissioning Group has set out four options for future care models, which include the closure of two cottage hospitals.
East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust has been placed in “special measures” following a critical report by the Care Quality Commission published earlier this week.
Regulators have recommended that East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust be placed in special measures after a second inspection inside 12 months found staff there “remained afraid to speak out”.
Low staffing levels and an “unacceptable variation” in the use of restraint at West London Mental Health NHS Trust has caused regulators to call for it to make improvements.
Hillingdon Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in north west London will recruit 200 physician associates on behalf of over 40 trusts across the country.
The government has announced it will review the amount of money nursing homes are paid to look after residents.
Kingston Hospital NHS Foundation Trust has defied a government pay agreement and awarded its senior staff a 1% pay rise in line with lower paid staff.
Regulators have told Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust to improve its maternity services following an inspection triggered by the deaths of five mothers over 18 months.
- ‘Urgent’ stroke review underway in Kent and Medway
- Trust on Essex-London border to remain in special measures
- Sussex trust urged to create suicide prevention plan
- Largest trust in England rated 'inadequate' by CQC
- East Kent hospitals to consult on centralising A&E services
- West Middlesex 'requires improvement', say CQC inspectors
- East Sussex Healthcare rated ‘inadequate’ by hospital inspectors
- Hunt rejects call to extend barring checks on staff and volunteers
- Savile inquiry calls for change in law for screening healthcare staff
- Third of acute trusts do not display named clinicians above patient beds