Posted by:15 May, 2012
- Article: Carter G, Taylor R (2012) Effects of being a patient on student development. Nursing Times; 108: 20, 21-23.
- Policy is aiming to put service users at the heart of the healthcare experience
- Nurses are ideally placed to take compassionate, person-centred care forward
- Engaging service users in nursing education is crucial to developing nurses who are well prepared for practice
- Storytelling has provided insights into the healthcare experiences that professionals provide
- This patient story appears to have affected how students and mentors see their therapeutic relationships with service users
- Do our personal experiences of health care influence how we practice?
- Outline how you think patient stories can be used to inform practice?
- Describe the benefits of reflective practice?
- How can nurses use their personal experience of healthcare in learning situations with student nurses or their peers?
How do we put research into practice in the surgery or the hospital ward? Each week we’ll pick out a practice article and pose some topics for debate and you can pose your own questions too …Follow the weekly debates on twitter with #NTjournalclub