Will is a reporter on Health Service Journal who contributes stories to Nursing Times.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The public health watchdog has launched an investigation after the number of Clostridium difficile incidents in the English NHS rose last year for the first time since 2007.
Worcestershire Acute Hospitals Trust’s policy for dealing with bullying and harassment is ‘not fit for purpose’, an independent review has found.
A trust in Somerset has become the latest to be rated “inadequate” for safety by the Care Quality Commission.
Virgin Care Services is in the running to be the interim provider of children’s community services in Bristol and South Gloucestershire, after the incumbent NHS provider announced it would end its contract in March.
The NHS should not use hospital-wide mortality rates as a “smoke alarm” to identify poor quality hospitals, a major study has concluded.
The Care Quality Commission has taken “urgent action” against Worcestershire Acute NHS Hospitals Trust following an unannounced inspection of its accident and emergency services.
David Prior has stepped down as chair of the Care Quality Commission to become a health minister in the new Conservative government.
A contract to deliver prison health services at two Liverpool prisons has been awarded to Lancashire Care Foundation Trust.
Royal Wolverhampton Foundation Trust will not receive £2m earmarked for additional nurses following the arbitration of a dispute with its clinical commissioning group.
The Care Quality Commission has upgraded Hinchingbrooke Health Care Trust’s rating from “inadequate” to “requires improvement”, but concluded that it should remain in special measures.
- CQC criticises trust for letting unregistered staff do nurse tasks
- Salford Royal becomes second trust rated as ‘outstanding’
- Third of NHS staff do not feel secure about raising care concerns
- HR firm reviews protocols after NHS staff data breach in Liverpool
- Coalition health reforms branded 'damaging and distracting'
- First self-funded nursing course launched to tackle shortage in NW
- Whistleblowing review finds no evidence of 'serious failings' at trust
- Wye Valley Trust placed in special measures after poor inspection
- New chief to lead for government in NHS pay talks
- Morecambe Bay seeks 'partner' to help improve maternity services