Will is a reporter on Health Service Journal who contributes stories to Nursing Times.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The NHS should not use hospital-wide mortality rates as a “smoke alarm” to identify poor quality hospitals, a major study has concluded.
The Care Quality Commission has taken “urgent action” against Worcestershire Acute NHS Hospitals Trust following an unannounced inspection of its accident and emergency services.
David Prior has stepped down as chair of the Care Quality Commission to become a health minister in the new Conservative government.
A contract to deliver prison health services at two Liverpool prisons has been awarded to Lancashire Care Foundation Trust.
Royal Wolverhampton Foundation Trust will not receive £2m earmarked for additional nurses following the arbitration of a dispute with its clinical commissioning group.
The Care Quality Commission has upgraded Hinchingbrooke Health Care Trust’s rating from “inadequate” to “requires improvement”, but concluded that it should remain in special measures.
A trust has been criticised by regulators after newly-qualified staff awaiting registration were found badged as nurses and providing care that should be done by registered staff.
Salford Royal Foundation Trust has been rated ‘outstanding’ following an inspection by the Care Quality Commission.
Nearly one third of NHS employees do not agree that they would feel secure raising concerns about unsafe clinical practice, according to the 2014 NHS staff survey.
The outsourcing firm Capita has been responsible for a breach of NHS employees’ personal data in Liverpool, according to board papers.
- Coalition health reforms branded 'damaging and distracting'
- First self-funded nursing course launched to tackle shortage in NW
- Whistleblowing review finds no evidence of 'serious failings' at trust
- Wye Valley Trust placed in special measures after poor inspection
- New chief to lead for government in NHS pay talks
- Morecambe Bay seeks 'partner' to help improve maternity services
- Regulator recommends Kent trust be put in 'special measures'
- Regulator to investigate women's hospital trust over staffing concerns
- Morecambe Bay placed in 'special measures' by regulators
- Nurse recruitment helps Bucks trust out of 'special measures'