Young CH Assistant - career path help
17-Oct-2012 9:19 pm
My friend, she is working in a private care home. She has worked there for 6 months but wants to move on for the following reasons:
- Night Shifts not paid extra, and abut day shifts
- On 0 hours contract, unfavourable terms
- Short notice on shift rotas/ changes
- Generally poorly managed and run-down
This is my friends first real job (Shes 21) and has Level 2 BTEC in Health & Social Care, and she wants to pursue a career in nursing (She loves the job, I might add, just not the way this homes run)
I have helped her with her CV, some extracts below.
Is there anything you'd reccomend she do? Ive suggested joining some agencies and putting her face around (Make contacts, gain experience etc). What do you think of her CV? Sorry to ask, im a printer not a nurse lol
I am a self-motivated, creative and confident individual who is looking to further my career within the care and nursing sectors.
I pride myself on taking a diligent and meticulous approach to my work, and always work hard to perform tasks to the best of ability. What I’m looking for is a job that offers the scope to progress, developing my existing skillset and attain some new ones.
My references are available on request.[/quote]
[quote]In my role at xxx Nursing Home I am responsible for providing the residents with personal care, including:
- Looking after the residents (Clothing, assisting and bed-bathing them, using hoists and other equipment to get them out of bed on a daily basis, incontinence pad changes, etc)
- Feeding the residents (Serving food and making sure they have enough fluid intake)
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment (Observing good practice of infection-control, cleaning and hoovering (Nightshift) etc)
- Administration (Updating/ maintaining patient and care ledgers and logs)
I have learnt how to do my job professionally and proper in a good time frame, and have developed an understanding of dementia and other illnesses.
Skills developed: Patient care skills, caring skills (eg putting on Conveens etc[/quote]
Sort: Newest first | Oldest first