• Nurse staffing shortage is 'top priority' for regulator

Phil Dup's comment 5 October, 2016 4:50 pm

I couldnt wait any longer for nurse staffing to get better - I have been qualified since 1996 and spent the last 18 years in A&E and have loved it mostly - however in the last year it has been bedlam with no space to treat the massive increase in patients. The ambulance corridor is now set up with mini 'curtains on rails' which have become a patient treatment area where people have everything from ecgs / bloods/ IV drugs and even bedpans, all within a few feet of each other. Regularly working nightshifts in a 4 bedded Resus Room on my own. New Staff leaving within a few months as its so hard. So at last I have lapsed my registration and although I have no job to go to I have fely a massive weight ease from my shoulders knowing I shall never Nurse again.

• Warning that Brexit could exacerbate midwife shortage

Phil Dup's comment 29 September, 2016 1:50 am

It looks like the Operation Fear group of filthy liars are still at it trying to get there way to stay in the EU. The UK takes Nurses Doctors and Midwives from plenty of countries who are not in the EU so why should it say we will not take Europeans - totally illogical non argument and shame on the Nursing Times for giving a platform to such witless diatribe.

• Trust launches hard-hitting staff flu jab campaign

Phil Dup's comment 29 September, 2016 1:45 am

I'd like the NHS to protect my health from all the ignorant idiots who sit coughing all over me without even covering their mouths.......no damned basic manners

• Pauline Cafferkey cleared of all misconduct charges in NMC case

Phil Dup's comment 29 September, 2016 1:42 am

A nice little precedent has been set by the NMC here. If ever you mess up and are at risk of losing your registration just say you had a flu with a sky high temp or diarrhoea induced dehydration or even workplace shift pattern induced sleep deprivation - all those things will alter your ability to think clearly so heigh ho you will get away with any charges. Work might get a lot more fun now :-)

• NMC stops publishing FtP charges before hearings

Phil Dup's comment 29 September, 2016 1:35 am

The NMC are a cosy money spinning quango that has a vested interest in staying alive. Put all disciplinary actions in front of a Nurse employers HR Dept with a rigourous set of guidelines that ALL HR Depts Nationally must follow regarding punishments etc. Then put those plastic pretend Nurses in the NMC on the dole. Vive la Revolution!

• Abbott warns about loss of bursaries and Brexit

Phil Dup's comment 29 September, 2016 1:27 am

Who cares what comes from the mouth of Abbott - the Champagne Socialist who sent her kids to private school despite wanting to expand the state school system.
    The same woman who wrote in the Hackney Gazette in 1996 that she objected to the amount of "blonde, blue-eyed Finnish girls" who had "never met a black person before" working as nurses at her local hospital "in multicultural Hackney".
    The same woman who said that "West Indian mums will go to the wall for their children"
    She is a vile self seeking Careerist Politician / Self Publicist. She would be better keeping away from Nursing issues as she will bring the already crumbling system right down

• Nursing must not carry the can for Mid Staffs

Phil Dup's comment 15 January, 2013 11:56 am

British Society likes a good witchhunt - only a few hundred years ago we were still burning women on fires whilst the whole village came out to watch and dance - that same mentality is still strongly hard wired into the DNA of many of todays village idiots ( aka The Media) and so its 100% guaranteed that Nurses are going to be blamed for everything when this report comes out.
    All we need to do is have a 24 hour all out strike and the whole country would U-Turn in its attitudes overnight.

• Nurses more stressed than combat troops

Phil Dup's comment 15 January, 2013 11:43 am

The only 'Reflection' I undertake is to think how the hell I have just managed to get through another shift from hell with not enough Staff to keep the place safe - wondering whether something I may or may not have done on that shift will come back to bite me and end up with me standing before the NMC as a sacrificial lamb hung out to dry by the Trust Management.

• Exclusive: 1,000 care makers by the end of the year

Phil Dup's comment 15 January, 2013 11:31 am

I hope a 'Caremaker' comes into my Resus Room on an insane nightshift whilst I'm running round like blue bottomed fly trying to keep 4 people alive with the aid of one HCA and a clueless junior Doctor............
    The Caremaker will be told in no uncertain terms to get their sleeves rolled up and get on with the REAL CARE or get out of my room fast before I launch them out of it..... grrrr these Government inspired fantasy 'Initiatives' cost the taxpayer ever more of their rapidly dwindling cash.

• 'NMC faces challenge in replacing outgoing chief'

Phil Dup's comment 24 January, 2012 11:57 am

Given the instant resignation I wonder if he recieved just his wages to that point or did he get any form of 'golden goodbye' payments ....... hmmmm - methinks I'll use the Freedom of Information Act to find out what the NMC does in these circumstances.

Show102050results per page