• 'Welcome to the new look Nursing Times'

Fran Entwistle's comment 23 November, 2015 4:24 pm

Hi Jeremy,
    I'm really concerned to hear that, I've flagged it with a our digital team and will let you know when I hear back. As far as I'm aware, this isn't a known issue but if you're not having the same problem on a different browser then I would suspect the issue is with us, not your laptop. What version of Chrome are you using?
    Please feel free to email me if the problem continues and screenshots would be really helpful: fran.entwistle@emap.com.
    Thanks

Anonymous 12:53pm,
    That sounds a really good idea. It's not currently possible for me to modify this but I will put it forward as a suggested future change.
    For now, you are probably safe to assume that if something is in the 'most commented' box then it is unlikely to be behind the paywall. Please note however that everything on NT is behind a barrier - to access news and opinion you need to register (for free).

• 'Welcome to the new look Nursing Times'

Fran Entwistle's comment 18 November, 2015 10:19 am

Hi Anonymous 12:40,

Thank you for your comment, personally I agree that the comments system would be improved with the option to reply directly to one comment. Unfortunately the decision was made not to add this feature during this upgrade. The digital team at Emap are aware that we would like this feature and customer comments help to add strength to the argument.

Michael,
    Completely understand, I am looking into changing this messaging as the comment does appear immediately so the current messaging is somewhat misleading.

Anonymous 3:56pm,
    We have a 'most commented' box on the homepage so you can see what people are talking about currently and also what is 'most popular' in terms of page views.

Please keep your questions and feedback coming - we really apprecaite you taking the time to let us know what you think!

• Draft whistleblowing policy unveiled for NHS in England

Fran Entwistle's comment 17 November, 2015 11:05 am

Test comment

• Comment: 'We're sleepwalking towards substituting registered nurses'

Fran Entwistle's comment 17 November, 2015 10:53 am

test

• 'Welcome to the new look Nursing Times'

Fran Entwistle's comment 12 November, 2015 10:06 am

Hi,

We've not changed how we moderate comments (without employing someone full time to do so we'd struggle to check every comment that goes up!) so I suspect this is just different messaging as there tends to be a delay of a few seconds before a comment appears. I will keep an eye on it though.

We tend to only accept articles written by nurses or other heathcare professionals but we do make exceptions. Please email me at fran.entwistle@emap.com and we can discuss.

Thanks!
    Fran

• 'Welcome to the new look Nursing Times'

Fran Entwistle's comment 10 November, 2015 12:17 pm

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your feedback. Making the website faster was one of our main aims so it's great that you've noticed the difference.

Please let us know if you spot anything we could change or do better, or even if something doesn't appear to be working as you'd expect it. We are open to constructive criticism!

Thanks!
    Fran, Online Editor, NT

• Could you be the next Student Nursing Times editor? Applications now open!

Fran Entwistle's comment 10 August, 2015 12:54 pm

Hi,

We don't send automatic emails when you apply however if you email me with your name I'll check that we've received your application.

If you filled in the form and clicked 'submit' then I'm sure we will have.

You can email me at fran.entwistle@emap.com.

Thanks!
    Fran

• Why is it so difficult to give a patient a drink?

Fran Entwistle's comment 19 March, 2014 2:11 pm

Thanks for this Eileen. Unfortunately, no matter how many new innovations are developed, the most effective way of improving hydration and nutrition is by hiring more staff.

• PM's expert nursing forum fears it has been scrapped

Fran Entwistle's comment 19 March, 2014 2:07 pm

Disappointing news.

This group was set up to give nurses a voice within government - whether them being removed makes a difference to frontline nursing or not, it strongly suggests politicians aren't intrested in hearing, let alone listening to, a nursing voice.

• What would prevent a nurse from talking to patients about FGM?

Fran Entwistle's comment 18 February, 2014 9:48 am

I wonder if there is still a lack of awareness generally about FGM? It's certainly been more high-profile recently but how often is it discussed?

Show102050results per page