- NT has revamped the careers section on its website. New features include tips on career decisions, creating job opportunities and an insight into nurses’ working lives. Click on ‘Your Career’ on the homepage.
- The Genito-Urinary Nurses Association has launched a ‘nurse of the year’ award. It will give a £1,000 prize, sponsored by Durex, to a nurse who has used drive and imagination to make a tangible difference to sexual health services. The deadline for entries is the end of January.
- Nurses can explore the government’s cancer reform strategy at an NT conference on 11 December. The strategy aims to make UK cancer services among the best in Europe.
- Coventry University has launched a postgraduate certificate, starting in January, to teach senior clinicians and managers to evaluate ‘assistive technologies’. These are used to help nurse people at home.
- An NT conference on new roles and ways of working for mental health nurses is being run on 7 February. Transforming Values into Action looks at changes following recent major developments such as the CNO review of mental health nursing and the Mental Health Act.