- Nurses can explore the government’s cancer reform strategy at an NT conference on 11 December. The strategy aims to make UK cancer services among Europe’s best.
- Allergy awareness training was run for Ipswich Hospital Trust staff by its allergy nurse specialist, Janette Bartle, last week. She said it would give hospital staff, medical trainees and GPs an understanding of the growing problems of allergy.
- Nurses treating ex-service personnel are being urged to join an online forum on medical care for the armed forces. The forum has been set up as part of an inquiry by the Commons defence committee.
- An NT conference on new roles and ways of working for mental health nurses is being run next February. Transforming Values into Action looks at changes resulting from recent developments such as the CNO review of mental health nursing and the Mental Health Act.
- Nurses learnt how to better detect cardiac risk in young people at a lecture at the University of Ulster last week. The Science in Society lecture outlined the risks associated with those who suffer sudden cardiac death, and measures to screen for these risks.