Watch our video which gives an overview of Advance Care Planning.
Where appropriate, and if you find it useful, you may like to watch this with your patients to help introduce them to the process of Advance Care Planning and to direct them to our information booklet called Your Life and Your Choices: Plan Ahead. You can order copies of the booklet or download a PDF online at be.macmillan.org.uk by searching for Your Life and Your Choices.
Macmillan’s team of cancer specialists are also available for people affected by cancer on the Macmillan Support Line to answer questions and provide information and support.
The support line is open Monday–Friday, 9am–8pm on 0808 808 00 00.
If you have any feedback on the video, please contact email@example.com
Macmillan has a free e-learning module specifically developed for healthcare professionals. It explains:
- what advance care planning is,
- the benefits, barriers, and your role in the process,
- how to start a conversation on advance care planning,
- the different ways a person can plan ahead, and
- the legalities of advance care planning and how these differ across the UK.
The e-learning module aims to provide you with the tools to help you feel more confident and better equipped to support people in your care to make advance care plans.