Nursing Times Learning has launched its latest FREE online learning unit to educate nurses how to manage and assess diarrhoea .
Nursing Times Learning’s new unit on Diarrhoea: Assessment and management was written by Veronica Hall and Helen Crombie, authors of Royal College of Nursing guidelines on the subject, and will enable nurses to:
- Define diarrhoea
- List the common causes of diarrhoea
- Describe the function of the normal bowel in relation to digestion
- Identify the role of assessment in identifying the causes of diarrhoea
- Discuss the implications of medication on risk of developing diarrhoea
- Develop a person-centred care plan for a patient with diarrhoea
This unit was developed with an unrestricted educational grant from Danone.