A drug alert has been issued over certain batches of Tixylix cough and cold medicines from consumers.
The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency said Novartis Consumer Health Ltd had been made aware of a possible fault in the manufacturing process of the tamper seal that might result in small pieces of plastic being found in the liquid medicines.
The MHRA added that there was currently no evidence of patients having problems as a result of the fault, but they are being asked to return the following medicines as a precautionary measure.
The recalled batches of the Tixylix medicines are:
• Tixylix Toddler Syrup 100ml (Glycerol) PL 00030/0150
• Tixylix Toddler Syrup 150ml (Glycerol) PL 00030/0150
• Tixylix Baby Syrup 100ml (Glycerol) PL 00030/0150
• Tixylix Blackcurrant Flavour Syrup 100ml (Glycerol) PL 00030/0150
• Tixylix Chesty Cough 100ml (Guaifenesin) PL 00030/0082
Adam Burgess, the MHRA’s head of defective medicines reporting centre, said: “This is a precautionary recall.”
Read full drug alert