A NHS Stop Smoking Quit Kit, designed by experts and smokers, has been launched to help people stop smoking in the New Year.
The Quit Kit includes:
- a “train to win” willpower assessor helping quitters to identify smoking triggers and providing tips on how to avoid them;
- two MP3 downloads to reduce cravings;
- a “tangle” – a new stress relieving distraction tool for the hands;
- a health/wealth wheel to work out how much money quitters can save and the immediate health benefits of quitting smoking;
- an A3 “Quit plan” wall chart so that quitters can mark their progress over 28 days;
- details of smokers’ local NHS Stop Smoking Services.
The free Quit Kits are being launched by the Department of Health in a series of adverts.
They can be ordered from nhs.uk/smokefree or by calling 0800 0 665 826