- Nurses will be able to explore the government’s cancer reform strategy at an NT conference on 11 December. The strategy aims to make UK cancer services among the best in Europe.
- Up to £5,000 and practical advice is on offer to nurse-led teams to improve an aspect of care. Apply to the Foundation of Nursing Studies and the General Nursing Council Trust for England and Wales.
- Sexual health nurses could win £500 and £1,000 worth of resources as part of an award run by fpa (formerly the Family Planning Association). The annual Pamela Sheridan Award is given for outstanding work in sex and relationships education. Entries close on 31 March 2008.
- A conference on new roles and ways of working for mental health nurses is being run next February. The NT conference, Transforming Values into Action, looks at changes resulting from recent major developments such as the chief nursing officer’s review of mental health nursing and the Mental Health Act.
- The University of Glamorgan is offering new professional doctorates in health and social care, designed for senior health and social care staff who wish to develop academic skills but do not wish to leave employment.