Do you know any extraordinary nurses whose work deserves recognition? Why not nominate them to be inducted into the Nursing Times Hall of Fame.
At Nursing Times we know there are many exceptional nurses who are helping to transform the profession, and we believe they deserve recognition. This is why we have set up the Nursing Times Hall of Fame. Please note that the work of the nominated nurses should have a national profile or influence.
Last year we celebrated the 60th anniversary of the NHS by asking readers of Nursing Times and users of nursingtimes.net to nominate the Nursing Times Diamond 20 - nurses with the greatest influence on the profession over the previous 60 years.
Now, we want you to nominate outstanding nurses whohave provided leadership to the profession over the past 5-10 years in the following categories:
- Development of nurse-led services
- Nurse prescribing
- Delivering care closer to home
- Improving the patient experience
- Increasing the efficiency of nursing care/development of nursing metrics
- Nursing education and research
- Community Nursing
- Compassion in Nursing
- Management of Long Term Conditions
- Intensive Care Nursing
- Palliative Care Nursing
- Diversity in Nursing
A panel of distinguished judges will decide which shortlisted nominees will join the Diamond 20 in the Hall of Fame. You can nominate in as many categories as you choose, but should only nominate one person per category.
How to nominate for The Nursing Times Hall of Fame
Nomination is easy - just email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information for each nomination:
- The nomination category
- Your nominee’s name and organisation (or the last organisation you know they were involved with)
- Up to 100 words explaining what the nominee has achieved and why you believe they should be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
- Your own name and organisation
Nominations must be received by Friday 8 January 2010. The Hall of Fame inductions will be announced at a celebration in the Great Hall of St Bart’s Hospital on Friday 5 February 2010.