Working in partnership with healthcare managers, GOJO can help implement effective hand and surface hygiene regimes
Your specialist partner in healthcare hygiene
Along with treating a multitude of illnesses and ailments, nurses and healthcare workers have to be constantly vigilant to prevent the spread of highly contagious infections, such as E. coli or norovirus. The implications of such outbreaks in healthcare settings are wide-ranging and have serious consequences; from putting the lives of vulnerable patients at risk, to the cost and disruption of services, including the enforced closure of hospital wards.
An added complication is the growing number of infections displaying antimicrobial resistance (AMR). These AMR ‘superbugs’ are micro-organisms, which have evolved to overcome the effects of antimicrobial drugs, such as antibiotics. Without effective antimicrobials, the success of major surgery and other treatments is threatened.
The World Health Organization says better hygiene and infection prevention measures are essential to limit the development and spread of AMR infections. With effective sanitation, hygiene and infection prevention measures – including good hand hygiene – the spread of superbugs can be prevented, along with the initial incidence of infection.
As a member of the World Health Organization Private Organizations for Patient Safety group, GOJO is a strong advocate of the ‘total solution’ approach to making hand hygiene second nature to everyone in a healthcare setting. The PURELL SOLUTION™ from GOJO combines scientific expertise, effective formulations and state-of-the-art technology to promote hygienic and compliant hand hygiene behaviour, which helps prevent infection and keep both people and places healthy.
Working in partnership with healthcare managers, GOJO can help implement effective hand and surface hygiene regimes. This includes supplying innovative dispensers and fully virucidal formulas with short contact times, which are clinically proven to keep skin healthy. Due to the high frequency that healthcare workers wash or sanitise their hands, the formulations are also kind to skin.
In addition, the PURELL SOLUTION offers practical support, best practice training and awareness-raising signage and leaflets to influence hygienic behaviour. Bespoke programmes are developed to meet the needs of individual healthcare facilities, following an audit if required, and consider the following:
- Formula – Gentle, yet effective scientifically advanced formulations;
- Technology – Industry leading dispensers and PURELL SMARTLINK™, a technology that combines innovation with trusted brands to provide comprehensive solutions for electronic compliance monitoring, clinician-based support, and dispenser health;
- Support – Dedicated specialist healthcare team on hand to support with hand hygiene audits and observations, product samples, study day support and much more;
- Training – RCN-accredited, in-house training programmes, Five Moments for Hand Hygiene training, procedure and technique training and SureWash GO technology;
- Behaviour – GOJO Healthcare signage and informative leaflets for staff, patients and visitors as well as skincare advice, product selection and skin monitoring;
- Implementation – Dedicated installation manager, experienced and reputable installation engineers and site survey service.
GOJO, the leading global producer of skin health and hygiene solutions for away-from-home settings, is your specialist partner in healthcare hygiene. For a tailored, effective, total solution for your setting, or for more information on the benefits of partnering with GOJO, please call 01908 588444, email infouk@GOJO.com or visit www.GOJO.com