Robinson S (2013) Sustaining mentorship for student nurses. Nursing Times; 109: 16, 24-25
“Much research has focused on relationships between mentors and students, and on mentors’ responsibilities for facilitating students’ learning and assessing their competence. However, the extent to which higher-education institutions and service providers have sufficient capacity to jointly sustain the “hinterland” to mentorship has received much less attention.”
- Is there a ‘hinterland’ to mentorship?
- How well do universities and placements work together?
- How can this relationship be improved?
- Does what students learn in university reflect their practical experience on placement?
- As a mentor, are you kept aware of what the university wants your student to learn from the placement?