Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Htike Hlaing

University of Cumbria

Student Nurse

Female

Recent activity

Comments (3)

  • Comment on: Trusts must count apprentices ‘as supernumerary’

    Htike Hlaing's comment 5 December, 2016 11:04 pm

    Good luck with supernumerary. I am sure it won't happen in reality. You will be giving a free labour. Even student nurses like us don't get the supernumerary status in real hospital environment. You work your socks off without getting paid. I can't even find a single supernumerary status for one second.

  • Comment on: Placement hours 'could be reduced' under education review

    Htike Hlaing's comment 3 December, 2016 5:59 pm

    Having done a basic nursing care for 10 years as a HCA, this time should be learning clinical, medical, anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology and nursing management. If you do same old basic nursing care which you had done a million time in the last 10 year, you will only become a good HCA not a competent qualified nurse. Because you give a free labour for 90% of your placement time by doing a basic nursing care. This is what happening in reality. Hope they see my point.

  • Comment on: Placement hours 'could be reduced' under education review

    Htike Hlaing's comment 3 December, 2016 5:49 pm

    I am a second year student. I don't believe that you will learn a lot if you do a lot of placement hours. In reality, students are used as an extra pair of hands to work in the ward to compensate staff shortage. In my experience, you actually learn only 10% of your placement time and you give a free labour the rest of 90% of placement time. You become so tired and left with no energy to write assignments or to revise or to prepare for your exams. I suggest 15 hours a week placement time. Then, we can have more time in the classroom and self directed study time.