Mee S (2013) Is workplace culture an excuse for poor care? Nursing Times; 109; 13, 14-16.
“Negative behaviour can be explained by external factors, such as culture and the influence of others, or by internal ones, including a person’s own moral compass. Within the context of the Francis report, this article raises questions about how we can ensure that nurses adhere to their code of conduct.”
- How does workplace culture affect how we practise?
- Why do some nurses perform well in a particular environment while others do not?
- Can external factors be given as a reason for lower standards of care?
- How can we follow our own moral compass in all circumstances?
- What does the NMC code of conduct say about personal responsibility?