In 2016 we helped over 1.4 million people affected by cancer in the UK with personal support through our face-to-face and phone services.
This 1.4 million includes:
- 1.1 million people with a cancer diagnosis
- 0.1 million carers of people with cancer
- 0.2 million other people affected by cancer (including family, friends, colleagues, and worried well)
- We reached an estimated 5.1 million people through the ‘source of support’ sections of our website.
- We secured a total of £227.8 million in benefits and grants for people affected by cancer.
- 69% of people used more than one Macmillan service.