Macmillan and the Manchester Cancer Redesign programme have developed a new e-learning course to improve Cancer Awareness.
It is suitable for anyone who would like to improve their knowledge about cancer for their own learning and to help them to support others who are affected by cancer.
The course provides an overview of, and introduction to, cancer awareness, living with and beyond cancer and End of Life and Palliative Care. It aims to support you to:
• Feel more confident in your knowledge about cancer
• Define cancer and understand more about the biological nature of cancer
• Become more familiar with the signs and symptoms of cancer
• Gain a greater understanding of the cancer pathway, staging of cancer and treatments
• Consider issues and challenges for palliative and end of life care and bereavement
• Explore in more depth the changing needs of the increasing number of people living with cancer