Nurses and midwives can now apply for the Florence Nightingale Foundation’s latest round of scholarships for 2017-18.
The scholarships are a chance for nurses and midwives to enhance and develop their career, contribute to their wider professions and help improve patient care in the UK, noted the charity.
The charity offers three different categories of scholarships, focusing on research, travel and leadership. There are a further four sub-categories under the leadership section.
There are three different categories of scholarship available:
- Research Scholarships of up to £5,000 allow scholars to undertake a course in research methods, research modules or a dissertation/thesis as part of an academic course of study. Closing date 18/05/17.
- Travel Scholarships of up to £5,000 are an opportunity to study best practice elsewhere in the UK and/or overseas in order to enhance patient/user care in the UK. Closing date 21/07/17.
- Leadership Scholarships are bespoke programmes available for those who want to become leaders with the skills and self-confidence to contribute positively and with some significance to the rapidly changing world of healthcare. Closing date 11/09/17.
There are four different types of leadership scholarship:
- General Leadership Scholarships of up to £15,000 are available to senior nurses, midwives and other health professionals, as well as to deans and deputy deans of schools of nursing/faculties of health in universities.
- Aspiring Deans Leadership Scholarships of up to £15,000 are available to senior educators, researchers and practitioners looking to take on a role as a Dean of a university faculty with nursing, midwifery or AHP programmes.
- Aspiring Nurse Directors Leadership Scholarships of up to £14,000 are available to experienced nurses and midwives with potential to secure a Board level position in the next 2-3 years.
- Emerging Leaders Scholarships of up to £10,000 are available to band 7 and 8 nurses, midwives and other health professionals. Applicants must have already completed a front line leadership development programme before the start of the scholarship.
- For further details and how to apply please visit the charity’s website