A former director of nursing has accused bosses at Milton Keynes Hospital of covering up scandals including staff having sex in the pharmacy and bodies being left on the morgue floor.
The allegations have been made by Maggie Southcote-Want, who is taking her former employer to a tribunal claiming unfair dismissal after being sacked in 2007.
Ms Southcote-Want claims she was forced to cover up several incidents between 2005 and 2007, including:
- Two employees being caught having sex in the pharmacy during working hours
- Bodies being dumped on the morgue floor
- A dead body being photographed and uploaded to the internet
- Breast cancer biopsies being wrongly analysed
- A leading consultant being suspended for surgical error
A Milton Keynes Hospital spokesman said: “We are confident that any untoward incidents were properly investigated.”