Five nurses were awarded scholarships at the 2009 Mary Seacole Awards ceremony in London on 21 October, which was hosted by the Royal College of Nursing (RCN).
The Mary Seacole Leadership Awards, of £12,500 each, were funded by NHS Employers. The winners are:
- Concilia Ajuo, Sister, Northwick Park Hospital, Harrow
- Titilayo Babatunde, Lead Public Health Community Nurse, Greenwich Community Health Services.
The Mary Seacole Development Awards, of £6,250 each, were funded by the DH. The winners are:
- Marion Fallon, Health Protection Nurse Practitioner, Cheshire & Merseyside Health Protection Unit.
- Gillian Francis, Health Inclusion Worker for Travellers & Gypsies, City & Hackney Community Health Services.
- Sonia Clarke-Swaby, Recipient Transplant Co-ordinator, King’s College Hospital, London.