Eight grants will be awarded to support new projects in development thanks to the QNI and the Burdett Fund for Innovation and Leadership.
Up to £5,000 will be given to eight new nursing projects in January 2011. These projects should aim to help the applicant develop their nursing skills and relations with patients.
According to the guidance notes, priority will be given to projects which:
- Improve or reduce inequalities in patient access to services
- Improve preventative healthcare
- Reduce numbers of patients accessing hospital based services
- Deliver care closer to home
- Improve quality of life for people with long term conditions.
The closing date for applications is 25 October 2010.
Click here for more information.