During a glittering annual awards ceremony in London, the judges’ decisions for our Student Nursing Times Awards 2019 winners will be revealed.
This afternoon, students, mentors, educators, universities and organisations will come together at the Grosvenor House Hotel to celebrate their achievements.
Having whittled down a shortlist from over 600 entries, to the final 173 candidates, 2019 has been a record-breaking year for applications.
Winners will be awarded across 21 categories which includes two new additional awards for the Nursing Associate Trainee of the Year and Nursing Associate Training Programme Provider of the Year (pre-registration).
The extra categories coincide with the introduction of nursing associates into the workforce at the beginning of this year.
Other award categories include Student Nurse of the Year: Adult, Student Nurse of the Year: Children, Student Nurse of the Year: Learning Disabilities and Student Nurse of the Year: Mental Health.
There will also be an award for Student Midwife of the Year, Educator of the Year and Mentor of the Year.
For our 2018 event winners included, Travis Norton, from the University of Birmingham, who was judged the Student Nurse of the Year in the adult category and Patricia Stringfellow, from Birmingham City University, who won in the children’s category.
In addition, Joe Atkinson, from York University, came out top in the mental health category and Anna Johnson, from Nottingham University, for learning disabilities. Student Midwife of the Year was named as Laura Thomas from Bangor University.
Meanwhile, the Educator of the Year, was announced as Jennie Young, from the University of Stirling, and the Mentor of the Year was Liz Maby, from Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust.
As part of the glamorous ceremony, event attendees will also be networking with high-level nurses and meeting potential employers to open up career opportunities for the future.
Chief nursing officer for England, Dr Ruth May and Professor Ruth Northway, winner of the Chief Nursing Officers’ Award for Lifetime Achievement in the 2018 Nursing Times Awards, will also be giving keynote speeches at the event.
The full list of those shortlisted for the 21 different categories for this year’s awards can be accessed here.
Student Nursing Times Awards categories:
- Educator of the Year
- Learner of the Year: Post-registration
- Mary Seacole Award for Outstanding Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion
- Mentor of the Year
- Most Inspirational Student Nurse of the Year
- Nurse Education Provider of the Year: Post-registration
- Nurse Education Provider of the Year: Pre-registration
- Nursing Associate Trainee of the Year
- Nursing Associate Training Programme Provider of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution to Student Affairs
- Partnership of the Year
- Student Experience
- Student Innovation in Practice
- Student Midwife of the Year
- Student Nurse of the Year: Adult
- Student Nurse of the Year: Children
- Student Nurse of the Year: Learning Disabilities
- Student Nurse of the Year: Mental Health
- Student Placement of the Year: Community
- Student Placement of the Year: Hospital
- Teaching Innovation of the Year