Nursing Times Learning has lauched its latest FREE online learing unit teaching nurses how to reduce the burden of constipation.
Chronic constipation is a common and often ignored health issue. It can negatively affect patients’ quality of life – and in serious cases also their health. The condition can also be a symptom of more serious primary conditions.
With their comprehensive patient contact and role in assessment and monitoring, nurses are ideally placed to identify patients with constipation, and to investigate and treat the condition, or to refer on to specialist services as appropriate.
Nursing Times Learning’s new unit on Advances in Constipation Treatment covers a range of key issues including:
- The burden of chronic constipation on adult patients and healthcare services;
- How to take a patient history in a patient with constipation;
- How to diagnose and manage chronic constipation;
- How to explain the pathophysiology of chronic constipation;
- The symptoms that inform diagnosis of chronic constipation;
- First and second-line management options, based on diagnosis and national guidelines.
- Try our Nursing Times Learning Advances in Constipation Treatment unit now