Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Payout for anaphylactic shock from latex gloves

  • Comment

A former healthcare assistant has won six-figure compensation from a trust after being forced to wear latex gloves that led to anaphylactic shock.

Tanya Dodd developed an allergy to latex that caused her to have anaphylactic shock while she was an HCA at Scarborough and North East Yorkshire NHS Trust.

‘My fists swelled up, I had a rash on my face and arms and I could hardly breathe,’ she said.

Ms Dodd, who left the NHS three years ago, now has to use latex-free phones and shoes, and avoid eating proteins similar to latex.

Chris Coombs, trust board secretary, said: ‘We are looking at what needs to be done to prevent this happening again.’

  • Comment

Have your say

You must sign in to make a comment

Please remember that the submission of any material is governed by our Terms and Conditions and by submitting material you confirm your agreement to these Terms and Conditions. Links may be included in your comments but HTML is not permitted.

Related Jobs