Your browser is no longer supported

For the best possible experience using our website we recommend you upgrade to a newer version or another browser.

Your browser appears to have cookies disabled. For the best experience of this website, please enable cookies in your browser

We'll assume we have your consent to use cookies, for example so you won't need to log in each time you visit our site.
Learn more

Report this comment to a moderator

Please fill in the form below if you think a comment is unsuitable. Your comments will be sent to our moderator for review.
By submitting your information you agree to our Privacy and Cookie Policy.

Report comment to moderator

Required fields.


Nurse education and training review launches bid for evidence


Anonymous | 23-Jul-2014 8:01 pm Your options seem to be limited. Is your mother mentally-capable ? If she is, I think the situation is very complicated. If your mum isn't mentally-capable, then is someone 'officially' making decisions about her care and finances ? If there isn't anyone doing that (no Welfare Attorney or Court Deputy) then you could try applying to the Court of Protection to become her Court Deputy: I think that has a cost, and it takes time, but if you could become a court deputy (and it sounds as if various bodies would object, so success would be uncertain) that would put you in a 'stronger position' (although the powers of Court Deputies are limited in comparison to the powers of Welfare Attorneys - but you can't [apply to] become a Welfare Attorney after the 'donor' [your mum} has lost mental capacity). It is an unhappy situation to be in, sadly. Have you raised your complaint/concerns, with the Care Quality Commission ? However, whatever you do, it seems unlikely to do anything other than to make any 'relationship' you have with the care home worse: although it looks as if it has already broken down completely.

Posted date

24 July, 2014

Posted time

2:56 pm